Marisa Youlden Jewelry

Marisa Youlden Jewelry
Marisa Youlden Jewelry is now available at http://www.marisayouldenjewelry.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2010


This is from the Post Ashland Era.


These photos were shot by Mariano Diaz. Models are Kyan and Indeara. Gorgeous Ladies! The top piece is using Sunstone and antique charms. The lower piece is Labradorite. Labradorite is a featured stone in lots of my pieces over the years. It's a fav! I really love to make all types of jewelry, but necklaces are definately my favorite. There's something magical about finding that piece that speaks to you and makes you feel like it belongs on your body. Everyday!.... I think it's a tribal instinct.
One of the things I consider a sort of trademark in my jewelry design is that I set my cabachons in Peyote stitch. Peyote stitch is a Native American tradition of weaving tiny glass beads to create a sort of basket setting that holds the gemstone in place. It is a very tedious process, but I enjoy it, and I feel it gives my jewelry a sense of depth and the feel that it is carefully handmade. Who knows? I may even be weaving a lil Mojo into my pieces for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment